Language support is available so that anyone seeking services (Seekers) can easily find and connect to programs that can help them! We are committed to reducing barriers so that anyone can find and connect to social services.
Language support is provided both using Google Translate and native translations.
All Language Support Options Available:
- Filter Programs
- Share Messages
- Referral Messages
- Data Collection Forms
Search in over 100 languages using the translation tool! For example, you could change the language to Spanish and type in "comida" and the platform will return food resources.
To change the language of the site from the homepage:
- Click on the language button on the bottom left
Click the arrow to translate the page
Or, from the search page:
- Choose the language option from underneath the Keyword search
Click the arrow to translate the page
Program filters allow you to filter your search results to see which programs offer services in specific languages.
To filter to see programs that support a specific language:
- Search for the kind of service or program you're interested in
- Choose "Program Filters"
- Using the "Program communicates in" filter, choose the preferred language
Note: Language filters reflect the programs in your current set of search results.
You can share programs with friends and family via email or text message.
Messages can be sent in other languages, linking to already-translated pages once the recipient clicks the link.
To "share" programs in other languages:
- Find the program that you want to share
- On the program card, click "share"
- Choose to "send an email" or "send a text"
- Select the "email language" in which you would like to share the program
Note: Any text typed in the “Message” field will be sent in the language it was written.
Select language preference when making a Referral or connecting to a program. The person needing services (Seeker) will receive follow up steps in that language. Additionally, the program will be notified of the Seeker's preferred language, helping to reduce communication barriers.
To make referrals for someone who speaks a language other than English:
- Find the program that you want to refer to
- On the program card, click the "connect" button
- Could be "Refer", "Apply" "Contact"or you may log a referral.
- Fill out your information and the information for the person you're referring
- Select "their language"
- Select the best way to reach them
- Confirm Consent
- Send the referral
Once the referrals is submitted:
- The Program will see the preferred language on their Inbound Referrals Dashboard
- The Seeker will receive the Referral Email Notifications in that language.
When a preferred language is selected, Referral Notifications will be sent to the Seeker in that language. This ensures that they have the right information to take the next steps to receive services from the program.
When Seekers or Navigators are filling out Screeners, they can fill them out in their preferred language.
To fill out a Screener in a language other than English:
- Make the initial referral
- Under the name of the Screener, choose the language in which you want to fill out the Screener
Data Collection Forms
Forms can be translated for Claimers so they may be filled out in the Claimers preferred language.
To translate Data Collection Forms:
- Open the Data Collection Form from the Inbound Referrals Dashboard
- Under the name of the Data Collection Form, choose the language in which you want to fill out the form
By default Assessments can be translated using the Google Translate tool. If desired, Customers can provide their own native translations for their Assessments instead of using Google Translate.
Note: When using native translations, only native translations are shown as options. Google Translate is not available to translate the remaining language options.
To fill out a Screener in another language:
- Open the Assessment
- Under the name of the Assessment, choose the language in which you want to fill out the form