Kiosk Mode allows you to protect Seeker data on a public device. With Kiosk Mode enabled, Seekers can search for programs, connect to programs, and access site-specific tools like Assessments. This feature prevents login for Seekers and once finished, their user session will be refreshed to protect their information from the next user.
Work with your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to set up your Kiosk Mode configuration.
Kiosk Mode is configurable based on these factors:
- Location name
- Kiosk code
- Minutes until cleared
- Desired home page
If an Assessment is being used, you can also configure these options:
- Group to share submitted forms to
- Any email addresses that should receive all submission confirmation email
When Kiosk Mode is enabled, the Seeker will be able to do a search, connect to programs, and, if enabled, complete an Assessment.
- With Kiosk Mode enabled, the login button on the top right is locked so that the Seeker cannot log in
- Once the Seeker has finished their session and are no longer looking at programs and/or have completed their assessment, a user can click “Clear Session” at the top right
- This will clear any stored information from the assessment, or any Connect forms so as to not inadvertently show that information to the next user
Once Kiosk Mode is enabled on a site, the “Kiosk Mode” link will appear in the bottom bar of the site so that staff can turn it on or off.
Once the user selects Kiosk Mode, they will get a message explaining kiosk mode and asking them for their location and the kiosk’s code.
- The kiosk code is simply meant to ensure that they are enabling the correct Kiosk
- The code does not need to be a secure password and can be shared by all staff at the site
The staff member would then click “Start Kiosk Mode”. Once in kiosk mode, the kiosk location name is displayed in the top left, and log-in links are gone from the top bar. Instead there is a “Clear Session” link. Clicking "Clear Session" will clear search data and take the tablet back to that kiosk’s default home page.
Once in kiosk mode, the device will stay in kiosk mode for the rest of the day. Kiosk mode relies on cookies, so if cookies or cleared from the device, the device will exit kiosk mode.