Favorite folders can be made into collaborative folders where anyone in within a group/role can add their favorite programs. This creates curated lists of you staff's favorite programs that are easy to access and share with each other, or even with clients!
To get started, identify the members with whom you want to share the collaborative folders and set up your roles.
Next, we recommend setting up the framework for your team. This helps to create a mindset around folders and their purpose. Once the framework is set up, staff can easily add programs and build out the folders.
The first step is deciding what folders to set up. Think of a few lists of programs that would be helpful to have handy because you and your staff access them frequently. Do this exercise in partnership with your staff for more buy in. If you work across a large geographical area, focus on the areas where you work the most. Counties and Cities are a good place to start. From there, what are the kinds of services that you look for frequently:
- Food Resources - Travis County
- Housing Resources - Travis County
If you tend to work with people who are addressing challenges with broader social service needs, you can create folders for that too. For example:
- Homelessness Resources
- Including resources like shelters, meals, transportation, clothing, etc.
- Diabetes Resources
- Including resources like prescription assistance, support groups, nutrition education, etc.
Once you have that established how you want to set up folders, it's time to set up the initial folders!
Creating Collaborative Folders
2. Once you find the program, locate the "Save" button on the program listing
3. Create a new folder
Example: Austin Housing Programs or Austin Counseling Programs
4. Click "Save"
5. View your Favorite folders by clicking "Saved Favorites" under your account
6. Select your Favorite folder on the left that you want to share
7. Click the "Share" button on the right hand side of your screen
8. Select "Share with a Group"
9. Select the group with which you want to share from the dropdown menu
10. Click "Send"
11. This folder will now appear under "Shared Folders" on the left navigation
12. Once you share this folder, other members of your group can add their favorite programs to that folder or remove existing programs from that folder.
Once the folders are set up, let your staff know and ask them to add their favorite resources to the folders.