The Aunt Bertha platform makes it easy to connect directly to services. Anyone can use the Connect button, whether for themselves, as a seeker, or on behalf of someone else, as a helper. When you reach out to programs through the Connect button, it will log as a referral.
How to Make a Referral
- Click the green Connect button that will say "Contact" or "Refer" button on the Program Listing. (View all iterations of that button here)
- Select, "I'm referring someone else"
- Enter your name and email address
- Enter the information of the person you are helping
- Let the program know they best way to contact this person
- Confirm consent to share their contact information with the organization
- Click "Send"
- If the agency has a screener form set up, answer the additional questions and hit "submit."
What happens next...
The person you are helping will receive an email or text message with the program information*. The program you referred them to will receive an email as well, asking them to contact the person in need with their intake information.
*If you choose "Don't reach out", neither the person you are helping nor the program will receive an email, but will be able to view information about the referral in their Aunt Bertha referral dashboard.
We recommend that you or the person seeking services reach out to the program using the "Next Steps" to follow up.
You can view and update the status your connections by logging into your account and clicking "People I'm Helping" in the top navigation.